Monday, June 27, 2016

Happy Anniversary!

Hi, there!

I hope you had a great weekend!  It certainly was a hot one here in the 90's...whew!  I'll talk more about that in a few.  But, first I want to share with you a card that I made for my sis and her hubby.  They will be celebrating their 49th anniversary on July 8th!  I'm entering the card over at Simon Says.  The theme is...add shimmer.  And, here is my card...



For my card, I started with a pink card base and paired it with flamingo paper.  I embossed a heart and cut it out.  I colored part of the scallops with a black copic marker.  The MFT flamingos and hearts were die cut and placed on the heart.  I added Wink Of Stella to their beaks and wings.  Gems were added for interest.  The MFT scallop borders were die cut and placed.  The sentiment is from MFT, also.  A little black bow with black pearl cotton for the final touch.

We had a busy weekend meeting up with our son and his friend, Bryan.  We traveled both Saturday and Sunday to get together with them.  We had a conference on Saturday and met them for dinner.  On Sunday, we went back to go to the Columbus Zoo.  The heat was very oppressive!  I'm used to air conditioning.  So, we stayed for only a few hours, but we did have a good time!  And, here are a few photos...











Well, that's all for now, friends!  I hope you have an awesome week!  Take care!

Hugs,
Maria

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Maria! I'm sure your sister and her husband will love it. Definitely do not like heat and humidity--I'll take winter anytime. Looks like the tigers can't take the heat either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your trendy flamingo card! Lovely to see you had a chance to spenmd some time as a family. I don't like the heat either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Maria! super cute card...I am luvin the flamingos! the photos are amazing....good looking fm and sweet animals! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous weekend and such a sweet card for your sister and hubby. Congrats on their 49th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun anniversary card, Maria! Love the pink and black combo, and those flamingos are just SO adorable! Such a fun pun sentiment, too. <3
    You guys have been having all sorts of fun lately! Loving your zoo photos, and what fabulous family shots! TFS!

    ReplyDelete